Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Downtown

I love downtown Memphis. I try to get down there as much as I can to hang out, eat at Big Foot, and just watch the people. Such a wide variety of people up and down Beale St. It makes me think about their lives, their emotions, their preconceived ideas about God and the church...

It is pretty amazing to me that the message of Christ can bring hope to ALL people. The problem I guess is that we try so hard to force people to fit into the "Christian" subculture rather than realizing that God is big enough to relate to everyone just as they are.

We have to realize that we can't change anyone - nor should that be our primary concern... Our concern should simply be to build relationships and love people towards Jesus. When we do that it allows God to change the heart - the only One who can do it in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home