Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's Next?

Here is a post from Todd that perfectly communicates what I need to say regarding this next phase of our lives. I am going to cut and paste; however, if you would like to read the post in it's entirety you can do right here.

About two years ago, God began to place an idea and a dream in the hearts and minds of JR Lee and myself. At first, it was nothing more than that. Just a thought and a dream. As time moved on, we began to think about and pray about it more and more. Both of us had opportunities to go different places that would be appealing to any Student Pastor but every time, God said no. This was instrumental in the process by helping us to seek what God’s plan was for us long term. God began to confirm in our hearts that his plan for us was to plant a new church. This was hard for us to believe because neither of us had ever started a church or served in any other capacity than student ministry. We both love student ministry and really cannot imagine doing anything else. However we know that God has called JR to be the Lead Pastor and me to serve as the Associate Pastor. We began to meet and discuss this calling on our lives with Pastor Steve and Perry. They were 100% supportive.

The next question was when. As we have prayed through this process, this has been the toughest part. We had originally planned to leave in January. We were hoping that Crosspointe would have a pastor by then. We were hoping for a new Pastor because we knew that would be a better time for us to leave. Needless to say, that didn’t happen. God has confirmed to us that the time is now. This dream and vision has consumed us. It is all we think about. It is all we dream about. It keeps us awake at night.Therefore, we announced to the students last night that we are resigning our positions here at Crosspointe to follow this dream that the Lord has given us. We will announce to the church on Sunday. We will be at the church through April 29. We desire to help with the transition to ensure that ministry continues in both the High School and Middle School Ministries.

There are tons of emotions running through my head today. I am excited about the future. God is going to do something so big that it is going to blow our minds. I constantly dream about what it is going to be like in a year, 3 years, 5 years, etc.-I am scared to death. Where is the funding for this plant going to come from? Is my house going to sell quick enough? Is my family going to have food to eat? Are the students at Crosspointe going to be ok? Am I going to be able to function in a role that I have never served in before?-I am deeply saddened. Some of my best friends in the entire world are here. The greatest Middle and High School students in the world live here. I am going to miss them all. It is going to be really hard to leave here. That's all I will say about that right now because the tears will start to flow.

Obviously, we are learning more and more about trusting God. I am learning more and more that He is sovereign and trustworthy. I still have a long way to go!What can you do? Pray, Pray, Pray. Look for more information and thoughts about this whole process on a daily basis. I am so excited that I can now write about this because I want you to know my heart and the journey that God is taking us on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home