Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Commentary from a Starbucks in Roswell

As I type, I am waiting to meet with a friend of mine in Roswell. I am sitting in Starbucks, with a nonfat White Choc. Mocha, while reading The Deity Formerly Known as God. So far, I am loving the book. Great quote from just a moment ago, "God is not dead, but you'd never guess it by going to church. In fact, there are times when church feels like nothing more than a funeral service. Everyone dresses up and is on their best behavior, because he would have liked it that way. A pastor gets up and says something like, "Brothers and sisters, we have gatthered here today to remembr the lord. For he hath done great things." Anyway, on a differrent note. Here is the real reason I decided to write. Immediately to my right are two people (guy and girl) sipping on "double" hot chocolates. The guy is wearing a beanie on his head that continues to travel about 9 inches higher than the top of his head. The girl (probably 18) looks like a spokeswoman for denim and likes to talk to her friend like he is in another time zone despite the fact that he is only 2 feet from her face. She is not into racing even though her dad is and the Russian police have apparantly begun torturing crime suspects which greatly upsets her. She is wearing a promise ring, but has explained that it only means that she will only date guys who her parents approve of. I recommend that she amend the promise in order to include the fact that any guy that she considers dating had better come with the built in equivalent of an anti-hearing aid. She has just explained to beanie head that the reason that she is cold is because of the low temperature that exists outside. I am thankful that Jesus loves her very much - because she is annoying me greatly....

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew N. said...

That is one of the funnest things I have heard all day but makes me wonder, did some one pay that guy to were the funny looking beanie or is he doing it so her parents will approve of him to date her.




Also I am really confushed cause I thought that every sunday was a funeral service. Guess this means I have to actually start enjoying it now. LOL

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home